Sunday, August 14, 2011

August 11/Preparing to Depart

We are on our way!  A journey that started several years ago has led us here, waiting to board the biggest plane any of us has ever been on.  After days of “serious” packing, I can say with certainty that the leaving is definitely the best part!  
Waiting at the *first* airport (there are 4!)
As we are counting the hours until we see Lorelei on Monday, I can’t help but wonder about how she is feeling.  She too is preparing to leave and begin a new life.  She will say good-bye to all she knows, her friends, teachers, her city…so that she can have a family. 
Lorelei celebrating with her friends
We are running on very little sleep.  The best laid plans to have everything ready and get a good night’s sleep went a bit awry, and it was not easy to sleep once we tried.  Hopefully we will get a few winks on this long flight. 

Next stop: Hong Kong!

1 comment:

  1. I am all choked up and teary-eyed. This is so awesome. Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

    ReplyDelete