| on a sampan boat cruising through a fishing village/the building behind us is a huge floating restaurant |
| the view of Hong Kong from Victoria peak |
| at a jewelry factory |
Later, after a good nap, we caught up with Stewart Hughes, a young man from our church who is studying here in Hong Kong. He seemed REALLY glad to see us, judging by the big hugs we got! He showed us some of his favorite places (and foods!) here…
a night-time laser show on the harbor...
...the Hubble IMAX movie at the Hong Kong space museum...
...the Star Ferry to downtown Hong Kong...
...Bubble Tea! It is this chai-style tea with licorice "bubbles" at the bottom.
His favorite noodle place in the Mong Kok market… here we are walking behind the vendor stalls to get to it…
Thanks Stewart for showing us the town!
Next stop… Guangzhou! We will be taking the train there tomorrow.
*Amazing* pictures...I can hardly believe you're really there! I don't envy you the 15 hour flight, though! In addition to being such a life-changing trip for an important purpose, I'm glad it's also turning out to be the vacation to beat all vacations! Have a FABULOUS time, and keep the pictures and updates coming! I'll be checking in daily to see what you're up to next! Lorelei will be in my prayers...I hope for a smooth transition for her! Such a brave girl, but she's also joining an amazing family. You're ALL so lucky. :)
ReplyDeleteShanna says:
ReplyDelete"AnXiang is SOOO happy to see Family."
Linda says:
"I am so glad that you are there safe and sound. We are going to bed soon, that means you are waking up almost ready to meet her in the afternoon. She is waking up, taking her shower, eating her breakfast, saying goodbye to her Ayis and getting on the bus to come to Guangzhou! So many changes for her and you. Can't wait to see the pictures. Loved the shot of the two of you at the airport and the three of you at the bird cage place!"
So very excited, Jennifer!!! I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight! I might have to get up and check to see if you have had a chance to post in the middle of the night.
ReplyDeleteSo very, very thankful that your beautiful daughter will be with you soon! Thank you, Lord!!! :)
We are praying for you all! Today, Gianna said, "An Xiang's parents in China?" She is SO excited for her dear friend to meet her family! We can't wait to see the pictures of the first time you hold her in your arms!
ReplyDeleteOh Jennifer! I am just SO excited! I might have to get up with Sharon and check to see if you have posted!! I will be praying for your sweet Lorelei to have an easy transition, for the Lord to have prepared her heart so that she can come to you ready to be loved!!! I am just SO happy for you all and this wonderful child!
ReplyDeleteWe'll have to try Bubble Tea on Bower Parkway together and you can tell us how they compare!
ReplyDelete