Saturday, August 20, 2011

August 20/Red couch photo

Today we went back to Shamian Island to have Lorelei's TB test read.  While we were there, we stopped in at the White Swan hotel to have a look around.  This hotel is famous in adoption circles because many families have stayed there.  I have heard about the "red couch photo" since we started the adoption process, where the babies are dressed in traditional Chinese clothes and lined up on the couch together for a picture.  Well, despite not having any Chinese clothing or babies, we got a family "red couch" memory.


the waterfall in the middle of the White Swan hotel

one of many jade sculptures

5 comments:

  1. Very nice! Have they started renovating the White Swan yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got back from our holiday trip to Italy and looked at your blog right away.

    I'm so happy to see you all as a family now. The first official picture........WOW Xiang smile said more then words ever could, it made me feel like crying ;-)

    Enjoy eachother and this beautifull homecountrie from your daughter. As a adoptiveparent I think it is a great gift that we were choosen to guide our children trough their way to being a happy and independed adult. It won't be easy all the way and it takes a lot of time to really get to know the needs of your child but it is WORD it more than I can say.

    Best wishes from the Netherlands
    Kaja

    PS. Will take care of the package this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing those open doors behind you reminds me of our time there with Brinley and the COLD air coming in! Not so cold there now, huh? LOL

    You'll be home before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jen,

    We've really enjoyed your photos and stories. We're looking forward to meeting our new niece!

    Love,

    Jon and Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandma has finally figured out how to sign on to post a comment (I hope!) I have been following your blog every day and praying that you are having a wonderful experience. We all need courage now and then, this will not be a first or last for any of you. That is definitely where faith enters in!
    I came home from the Forrest's today and realized that while I was blessed with a wonderful weekend with our granddaughters, I was blessed again to come home to Patrick, and the next trip (soon I hope) will bring me to Kyle and Lorelie. I am sooo thankful for all of you. I pray your travel continues to be a truly wonderful adventure.
    God bless you all,
    Love, Mom/Grandma

    ReplyDelete