Sunday, December 8, 2013

...and she said "Mama"

Wow, what a day!  Up early, airports, travel, and at the end.... a sweet baby girl sleeping just a few feet away.  I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around everything that has happened and an even harder time trying to find the words to describe this amazing experience. 

She is doing so well, so brave.  We've already seen some smiles and giggles (it helps to have a funny Baba!), we bonded over Gerber Puffs (thank you to every adoptive parent who told us about the wonders of Puffs--you were so right), and yes, she called me "mama" tonight.  The only word she has said so far, and I wouldn't have thought it was for me except she was reaching for me as I walked past.  Unbelievable and completely awesome to see how God is making something beautiful out of suffering and heartache.

Tomorrow we have to get to several appointments, so I'd better get some sleep.  We'll be here until Friday when we travel to Guangzhou. 

Heaven!

Family

7 comments:

  1. Jennifer, thanks for this update. Beautiful, beautiful pictures! So thankful that you have her and you guys are doing well. Will pray for a smooth transition into your family and for the rest of your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! What a wonderful sight! God bless you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gracious!!! I am melting. I am so happy for your family. What a tiny precious little one she is! Happy Gotcha Day! Cannot wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a hugely momentous day for y'all! Can't wait to meet that little sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jennifer!!!! I'm crying tears of joy as I look at your pictures!!! I SOOOOOOOO understand all you are feeling and trying to wrap your brain around......and I'm so glad that you are finally feeling and thinking it all! :)
    I would ask you, but I already know the answer.... were the years and years of waiting worth it....?
    Praise God, Yes!!!!!
    Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God from whom every last blessing flows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is cute. She looks happy. Love, Shanna (Lorelei's friend from Shantou)

    Congratulations to all of you!! What a sweet blessing she is. She already knows her Mama. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete